Änderungen am Motor M112

• Hello

My name is Michał and I come from Poland. I dont really speak German, so I'm sorry for that. Hope it won't tease you I speak in English. I've driven W210 E280 from 1998.

My point is I have tryed to modify M112E28 in my W210 managing by exhaust. My engine has dual-true exhaust without Y-pipe as for example E240 or every W202 have. First modification was to remove resonator from exhaust. I can't felt any power increase except lose weight of exhaust. Then I destroy one of secondary cats, so I had to remove them because of knock sound from exhaust.

And then I decide to put X-pipe using Magnaflow 11385 in exactly place of sec. cats. Look what happen to power and I can feel it.

You need to know, that ABS was cutting down the engine speed so it cannot to read max power, but still max torque is at least 20Nm too less.

Do you have any experience in exhaust mods in M112?
    I could notice that as closer X-pipe to engine is then more torque is lose.
    Anybody here tried to look what is inside of oem resonator? There are sepratly chamber? Or paralell pipes?

• Hello and welcome to the Mercedes Forum :winke: My S210 has the original exhaust. So i could'nt help you. Sorry. But we wann to see more pics from your car :)

P.S. My english isn't very good :]

Als Gott den Verdienst der Monteure sah, und mit Ihren Stunden verglich, drehte Er sich um und weinte bitterlich.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SvenGM ()

• Hi Michal :winke:

welcome to the E-Klasse-Forum. Which is your city in Poland?
    Your car looks great on this pic with these rims 8)

So, what is your goal with the exhaust modifications?
    Do you want to increase the engine power or do you want to change the exhaust sound only?
    I think it is not possible to have a significant power increase only by modifying the exhaust system. But maybe some 210 experts know more about that ;)

Regards
    Marko

• Hello again
    I am from Leszno, you can read it on my profile (on the right of this post)

Both of that. Using X-pipe and equal-lenght downpipes W210 sounds like Nissan GTR or something very similar: it has nice for ears deep drone. But exactly because of X-pipe I decrease backpressure of hole exhaust, so I want to put in to the muffler the flap regulated by external module to put it back in the low- and middle-end revs to get my torque back. If I do it I will show you the graph from dyno ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!